Where to train? Is it enough for mastering kung fu to find a master In my city? How to train correctly? Does the price of kung fu training depend on master level?
If you are studying materials about our school, trying to take
deciding where to train, then you know that Shaolin kung fu is
not a fitness and not just a complex of martial arts.
The Shaolin exercise System consists of three levels of training: physical аctivities, work with energy and achieve inner harmony.
The principles of physical work in kung fu
- The main methods is precision, speed and skill, not physical strength. The Craftsmanship is achieved by a long and rather monotonous work on oneself. Training strength, we think about agility. Training accuracy, think about speed and opposite
- Increased endurance, ability to distribute forces during training, proper nutrition throughout the day, provide an opportunity to practice the techniques and exercises as much as you need.
- All techniques are based on natural movements of body, worked up to automatism. It is important not to learn hundreds of different techniques, it is important to repeatedly perform each. One movement, worked a hundred times, more effectively hundreds of different techniques performed mediocre.
- For success practice requires Coordination 6 main pairs of joints: palms-feet, knees-elbows, shoulder-thigh. The secret of effective execution of receptions-the work of joints and tendons, but not muscles. Stretching is an important part of the practice
- Kung fu training includes fist techniques, grabs, throws, sweeps, chains of gymnastic exercises (taolu)
- An important part of training is mastering different types of weapons: as basic (stick, sword, Sabre, Halbard, daggers, chains, etc.), and all items that may be at hand
- In any attack there is an element of protection, in protection — there is always a vector of attack. Exercises and techniques are aimed at achieving superiority in combat rather than an external effect.
Control of Internal Qi Energy (气, qì)
- You open channels to circulate internal energy and learn how to manage it. The Basis of all trainings with internal QI called as Qigong
- The combination of rest and move, tension and relaxation is the basic principle of achieving qi balance. At rest — accumulate, in motion — throw energy
- Any exercises in kung fu aimed at the general improvement and harmonization of the body rather than destruction and devastation. The purpose of mastering the martial art: the extension and enrichment of life
- It is the skillful use of qi energy that helps to reveal the unusual abilities of masters: the impact of the energy wave at a distance, “sticking” to the surface, “hovering” in the air during the jump.
The Spirit of Shaolin is wisdom, strength and concentration
- Gain control over your thoughts — gain control over your body
- Calm your mind to be able to achieve mastery in kung fu practice
- Do not let the conflict cloud your mind, turn your opponent into a partner to merge with him and win
Clear your mind, and then you can direct the qi energy to the right place. By controlling energy — you control the body.
Here in Shaolin there is no external differences of experienced practitioners from newcomers. Even the Master looks no different from any student: there are no special stripes, badges, colored belts. The master does not seek to be skilled through devaluing or underestimating his students. The unattainable authority of actions, deep knowledge and modesty in self-expression make him who they want to follow, who they want to be like.
Kung fu Training at Shi Yanchen’s School
We do not have preparatory and advanced groups at school, everyone is engaged together. The master can give advice and select suitable exercises for you, but in General you have one task: to Do exercises qualitatively, not sparing yourself, sometimes at the limit of possibilities, but without harming the body.
Sometimes you do all the exercises of the complex in full, sometimes not — the main thing is to use all the resources, and then there will be new ones. The source is infinite, and you will take from it as much as you can.
In training, it is important to observe a friendly atmosphere, the students support each other, it gives strength. There is no competition: you compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to other students.
As for the price of kung fu training, it is determined for each the value of what you get. Only when you try it yourself, you will be able to understand: expensive or cheap you got the knowledge and skills.